Thursday, November 6, 2008

FIFA 09

A quick time-out for an observation on the lighter side….

I’m not sure if the same commercial airs in other parts of the world but in the USA, EA Sports have been mercilessly bombarding us with a commercial promoting the latest version of their all-world football game for the Playstation, X-Box 360, etc.

This ad provokes a couple of thoughts …

1. Please stop it – it is driving me nuts. I have the ’08 version of the game and it is good. But at the age of 39, I just don’t have the video game skills embedded in my DNA to keep up. Stop taunting me with a game that takes me a year to figure out just so I can maybe play on the second-to-easiest level. Mind you, I did get the Tractorboys to the Promised Land at the first attempt (on the ‘you don’t have a clue how to play this game, do you?’ level). Maybe my 4 year old can bring me up to speed.

2. Who the hell is the fat bloke that is sort of superimposed on the game play screens, yelling ‘goooooaaaaalllllll’ over and over again while trying to interact with the shots and action that is being displayed behind him?

I really can’t be bothered to look up who this fellow is, but in advertising this product you’d think they could at least find someone that might have some half-way believable soccer skills. As opposed to a pie man who looks like he’s been training for one of those food eating championships…you know the one where the little Japanese bloke eats a hundred hot dogs in 20 seconds.

Now I’m off to stuff Man U eight-nil…Cheers!

No comments: